With 2019 coming to an end, it’s time to leave the past behind and start a new chapter in your life. Whether you’re trying to let go of heart break or are just looking for a fresh start, the first step to a “new you” is to feel confident in yourself. By putting your best self forward, you’re opening up a whole new world of opportunities to grow and succeed in this new year.
Put Your Best Self Out There
If your New Year’s resolution is focused toward your professional life or personal life, a new headshot will help you achieve both. “So many clients come to us with unprofessional or outdated photos and headshots and we really need that picture to reflect them as they are today,” insists Renee Richel, Professional Christian Matchmaker and founder of 1 True Match. “It needs to be current, stylish and showcase how confident you feel about yourself in order to attract a potential partner or even a new employer, if you’re looking for a new position or job.”
You may be searching for a new job or are hoping to move up within your current company; either way, a new headshot for this new year is a great place to start. Your own personal branding is just as important for your career as your company’s branding is, which is why it’s important to put your best self out there.
You control the visual representation of your personal brand, so put out what you want others to see in you. Whether your new headshot is for work or to finally update your social media profiles after years of using that one good picture, make sure it showcases your best qualities. Here are 5 tips on how to get that great headshot:
- Spend time researching your photographer: pick someone who’s work you like, but also offers their services at a reasonable price.
- Plan out what you’re going to wear: patterns and stripes don’t work well on camera or computer screens, so stick to solid colors and something you feel confident in. Richel recommends 3 looks; a day look, an evening look and your favorite outfit that expresses your personality, style and energy.
- Don’t go overboard: you want your picture to embody who you are, so stick to your regular hair and makeup routine but add a few extra touches to accentuate your look.
- Smile: some people think it’s unprofessional to smile for your headshot, but that is far from the case. Smile! It makes you come across as warm and inviting to those viewing your picture.
- Relax: there are some people who absolutely hate getting their picture taken, but you don’t have to be one of them. The photographer is there to capture your best look, so engage in conversation and let them lead you to that perfect shot.
Healthy Habits Lead To A Healthy Mind and Heart
If you still feel like you just aren’t ready for a new photo and it’s because you don’t feel like you are looking or feeling your best, then it’s time to start some new healthy habits. “Time and time again, it seems like everyone’s New Year’s resolution is to lose weight,” explains Richel. “Although losing weight is a good goal to have, try to focus more on the wellness aspect of it rather than the pounds coming off, people are attracted to others who have a healthy lifestyle and healthy mindset.” If your resolution is focused predominantly on weight loss, it may lead to a quick-fix approach. However, if you approach your resolution with the goal of overall health and wellbeing, it can lead to lifestyle changes that you can keep up with for the rest of your life. By focusing on your overall wellness, you’ll feel better, get healthier, and lose weight all at the same time.
1 True Match Can Make You
We know how hard it can be to put yourself out there if you don’t feel like your best self. 1 True Match has you covered! We can help by connecting you with our professionals who will customize, and hand-select looks that are suited to your individual taste. We also include hairstyle and color suggestions if desired for a fresh new look, and for the ladies, professional makeup application and tips to enhance those beautiful features. Lastly, a professional photo shoot to capture all your beautiful new looks and of course photos to keep! Click here to set up a free consultation and learn more.